Saturday, January 9, 2016

Card of the Day - Ka-Mohari, WIsh Lord


This guy started in my head as a mono-blue 5/6 for 5UU that drew you two cards each turn. Strong, but kind of boring. I added the rider "Instant spells you cast cost 2 less" so you have some way of casting all the new cards you get. I changed him to Black/Blue and added the life loss to balance out the cost reduction, as well as letting commander players play a Juzam Djinn if they felt so inclined.

After looking through Gatherer and seeing some recent Djinni from Khans of Tarkir, namely the Jeskai clan, I decided to change the word "Instant" to "Noncreature". The cost reduction being for "noncreatures" is very Jeskai. Those monks sure do love their prowess.

I didn't set out to make a 4 color commander, but I think he turned out pretty well, nonetheless. Let me know what you think either here or in the /r/custommagic subreddit.

No comments:

Post a Comment