Hey there Beaconeers!
Welcome to the first round of voting for specifics in Castmire. Since Brad and I want this to be a community project, we really need your feedback to make this the coolest set it can be.
The flavor of the green planeswalker is that of growth. It is an ever-growing treefolk/plant/fungus/TBD that had grown too large for this plane and has recently sparked, sending offshoots to other planes. It believes nature's way is to have everything become a part of it.
Note: All submissions are listed alphabetically.
Vote I - Name
We have a few different names to choose fro
3. Old Sole
Vote II - Name modifier
We all know that most planeswalkers have something after their name. This is a list of the things that were provided.
1. ~, Antique Collector
2. ~, Misery's Company
3. ~, Sprouting
4. ~ the Vast
Vote III - First Ability (Usually a +N)
Some versions don't list a + ability, so I will put the ability as written
1. +1: Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token with “At the beginning of your upkeep, create a copy of this token.”
2. +1: Create a copy of a token you control.
3. +1: You gain 2 life for each card you and target opponent own in exile. Untap up to one target creature you control
4. (triggered) When a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a loyalty counter on ~.
Vote IV - Second Ability (Usually a -N)
1. -1: Create a 1/1 green Plant token.
2. -1: Create a token copy of a land an opponent controls.
3. -2: Create a token that’s a copy of ~, except it’s not legendary.
4. -2: Exile target creature until ~ leaves the battlefield. You gain life equal to its toughness.
Vote V - Third ability (Usually a big -N, ultimate)
The minus number on whatever one you choose isn't final, it's just what was given originally. The number will most likely be changed in the final iteration.
1. -3: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature and each other creature with the same name as that creature.
2. -4: You get an emblem with “If an effect would create one or more tokens under your control, it creates twice that many of those tokens instead.”
3. -7: You get an emblem with “Creature you control have hexproof” and “When this creature enters the battlefield exile target creature an opponent controls until this creature leaves the battlefield.”
4. -6: Return a card of each type from your graveyard to your hand.
Vote VI - What type of thing is this planeswalker?
4. (something else) - Please include write in candidate.
Okay, I know this is a little complicated, but the best way for you give your answers is by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by commenting on this blog post.
Please format it like this:
Subject line - Planeswalker Vote
I. (number of selection)
Feel free to vote for any or all of the categories. This planeswalker is an important part of our set and the story, and we want you all to be a part of its creation.
You are welcome to write in other options in the comments. If you come up with something great, other folks might vote for it too!
Okay, that's it for the first vote. May the best things win!