Thursday, February 28, 2013

Card of the Day - Mutating Serum

This is the third four color rare I've made so far on my blog, and the second with these four colors.  This card started out as a red/white/blue uncommon sorcery that gave the creature first strike and bounced it after it was dealt combat damage, but then I changed it to an aura to prevent memory issues.

After making it into an aura, I didn't like that the aura went away after the creature was returned to its owner's hand.  I briefly toyed with the idea to return the enchantment as well, but thought better of it.  I just scrapped the bounce and started fiddling with the mana cost.  As I write this, I realize this card is not a four color card after all, but a pure Simic card.  Here's my final version, which I just created.


Let me know what you think about this design in the comments section below, on Twitter, or on Facebook!  I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment