Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Card of the Day - Feedback Elemental

Today, I'm going to do something a little different in that I'm going to show the evolution on an idea that made a final card.

My lady and I were watching The King's Speech when I came up for the idea for this card.  I thought, "What if a wizard had a stammer?  It would probably make casting spells a bit harder."

I made this card out of the idea.


After thinking about it, I decided that putting this ability on a creature would be more interesting, so I made it into a Demon.


I gave it flying, a decent P/T and a fun piece of flavor text.  But it didn't feel quite right.

After looking at it again, I realized that this ability is generally a white ability, as evidenced by Aura of Silence and Grand Arbiter Augustin IV.  The Grand Arbiter's version could be said to be blue, as well, but taxing is widely regarded as a white ability.   I changed the card once again to reflect this.



I left the flavor text, but I changed the mana cost, power, and keyword to something more white.  I could have left flying, but I went for vigilance instead.  I also added a bit of artwork and cleaned up the wording.

I'd like your feedback input on this, guys!  Let me know what you think the next evolution of this card should be. 




2 comments:

  1. I liked it better as a curse but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm going to start my own blog soon but I'm having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking
    for something unique. P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


    http://web-tv.org/read_blog/105316/learn-how-to-buy-instagram-followers-and-even-buy-datpiff-downloads-available-quickly
    Take a look at my web site laurasian

    ReplyDelete