Monday, March 11, 2013

Card of the Day - Biosteel Serpent/Discharging Core

I want to preface this post by saying that I did not come up with Scrap myself, but I love the mechanic.  James Bartolotti debuted it in the comments section of a Goblin Artisans article.  That said,
The thing about this is it needs another type of card to make it awesomer. (Is awesomer a word?) Parts should be at all rarites, and there should be at least one that has no mana cost so you can grab it from your sideboard, but can't actually cast it.  That one should not be common, but uncommon is probably fine.  Here's an example of one that you might play in your deck if you don't have many scrappable creatures (or other artifacts?).

The sky's the limit with the types of parts you can have.  I feel like they should all be artifacts, though.   Equipment would be nice.  The one that James suggested was this:


While I feel it could be a bit more splashy, I like the idea here.  This is one you might draft if you've already grabbed one or two guys with Scrap, but it's not playable otherwise (literally).  Let me know what you think about this, and if you have any better ways to implement it, I'll be glad to hear you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment