Saturday, March 4, 2017

Card of the Day - Summoned to the Throne Room

In the second Story Spotlight of Frostmere, King Micah summons his most powerful friends to the throne room.

The Planeswalker Otto and the city's champion Karos arrive at the castle...

Continued from last Saturday.

When Otto arrives at the palace, Barlo Stanvik is waiting for him.

"I'm glad you could you come on such short notice," he says. "His Majesty will be so glad to see you after all this time."

"It's no problem, Barlo.  I'm glad to be here.  It's been way too long since we could catch up."

"I'm afraid there won't be much time for that.  I assume you know what's going on in Tersh. It's..."

"Yeah, yeah.  It's terrible.  On the other hand, it could be a lot worse. At least the deadies aren't attacking people, though."

Barlo frowned. "Please don't use the term 'deadies,' Otto.  It's uncouth."

"ppft." The planeswalker waves away the suggestion, "Where's Micah?"

"In the throne room. Karos is already here."

"Karos, huh?  I wonder why Micah would need us both."

"You can find out presently, sir.  Follow me."

------

In the throne room, King Micah sits deep in thought.  He is staring at a small piece of parchment in his hands.

"My Lord, Otto is here." said Barlo from the doorway.

Micah looks up, frowning.  "Thank you for coming, dear friend. I assume you know Karos?"

A man with short black hair and a long scar on the right side of his face nods to Otto. "We've met."

"Good.  I need you two to do something for me." He holds up the parchment. "I've received... interesting news. A man claims that he can help us relieve the curse that has befallen us, but he insists that we come to him." He frowns.

"Well, why aren't we on the road already?" Otto folds his arms.

"It's not that simple. This man, Tibalt, says he needs an item from our treasury to complete the spell. A very special item. Not one that I would give to just anyone."

"Ah, I see." Karos speaks up. "That's why we are here. You need your best to guard the item on its journey."

"Precisely. Marek's Keystone could be very dangerous in the wrong hands. It's up to you to make sure it is kept safe. Your destination is the Gargut Glacier. You leave at first light."

"How do we know this guy isn't up to something nefarious?" Otto raised an eyebrow.

"If he is, you will stop him. Our kingdom won't last if the dead keep on coming back. We have no other choice."

No comments:

Post a Comment