Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Card Design Show-off Art #3

I'm so glad that so many of you participated in the design challenge!  This post is to show off all your hard work!  The art we used was this:

Now here are all of the submissions that I received:


First, we have the entry by onlyobsessed.  She's new to the game and doesn't understand exact wordings, so I helped her out with that.  Overall, a cool card with a unique drawback that could see play in many a Commander deck.  Great job!



The second entry was from Brendan W.  This is a very powerful token producer!  The wording is a bit off, but we all know what it's supposed to say.  The three mana version of this is in AVR, and it's good!

This entry is from @wobbles on twitter.  I like this a lot!  It seems like it's highly costed, but it's actually very well balanced.  I'm just not sure if it needs to exile itself.



Pasteur's entry is the most unique in that it uses a part of the original art that is not in the foreground.  The design of this card forces opponents to play lands after combat, which could be detrimental to their strategy.

Last but not least, we have Chimzar's entry.  This one has a Karn, Liberated feel to it, but more symmetrical in that all players get to keep one card from the previous game.  I like it! You can check out more of his designs at Bob's Cards.



I'll put mine up too.  Explantion is here.


Thanks again for playing!  I love how we can all come up with vastly different cards based on one piece of art.

If any of you want to join the site and post your own content, let me know!  I'd like to work with some other amateur designers and see what we can come up with together.

-Olaf

No comments:

Post a Comment